1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Instaling games on my Hard Drive

Discussion in 'PS2' started by vonoven, Jan 29, 2005.

1. vonoven

vonoven Member

Well, I looked at the hugh PS2 Compatibility list and decided to get an 80GB Maxtor that had all great reviews saying it works great. My problem is:

I am using an exploit and when I boot to HDLOADER or HDADVANCE and try to install a game, I put in the game I want to rip to my hard drive, but it always says "Failed to Read TOC"... I know that means failed to read Table of Contents, but why? Why am I getting that error. I got a great hard drive and even a 40GB I had before I got this one was saying that. I thought the 40GB wasn't compatible b/c it was saying this, so that's why I got the 80GB Maxtor. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone know the answer to this?

2. vonoven

vonoven Member

Hmm... Nobody?

3. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Are you trying to load orig's or backup's? Have you tried using a different exploit. I have Hdloader and HdAdvance 2.0, both on my MC and they work fine.

4. vonoven

vonoven Member

What kind of HD do you have? I'm thinking it might be my HD..

5. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Maxtor 200 Gb 7200 rpm. If you think it might be your drive check this place out, all sorts of user submitted info.
    http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/

6. vonoven

vonoven Member

Yeah..that's the thing I checked there before I bought it. And now I'm wondering what the heck is wrong then!

7. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Can you hear it spin up when you turn on the console. I've also read that sometimes the network adaptor has to be replaced. Something to do with it being an old/incompatable model or something. Now you said you've tried 2+ Hdd on it, well I would tend to think that it's something to do with the software or adaptor. Not likely "although probable" that you put 2 bunk drives in it. I would try a new exploit because it's free, after that you might wanna try buying/borrowing a different Net-Adaptor.

8. vonoven

vonoven Member

Good idea! I'll try to load another exploit. I'm sure it's not the network adapter because it's really new. Just weird that the software works but I can't install. I might try to put some games on it with WINHIIP and try it that way. Just to see if the HD works or not.

9. superstui

superstui Regular member

so your PS2 doesn't even recognize there is a hard drive in it?

10. vonoven

vonoven Member

It recognizes it find and I even can run all the programs from the exploit. Just everytime I use the program to try and install a game, I get "Failed to read TOC". Also when I put games on the HD with WINHIIP it works fine, but I'd rather keep my HD in the PS2 then switching back and forth. So does anyone know why I keep getting that error. I have tried backups and regular PS2 games, but no luck!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  11. superstui

superstui Regular member

not sure. that's odd.

12. vonoven

vonoven Member

I thought the same thing!

13. superstui

superstui Regular member

I don't use the exploit or WINHIP so sorry