1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install a DMS4 on a slim PSTwo in Austin, TX

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ctv1337, Nov 5, 2004.

1. ctv1337

ctv1337 Guest

I am looking for anyone who knows how to install a DMS4 pro on the new slim PSTwo. I am willing to pay but I am a student so price is important. Please email me or reply to the thread if anyone in Austin knows hows to install these mod chips.

Thanks,
    kyle

2. ctv1337

ctv1337 Guest

Nobody in Austin knows how to install one?

3. shifted90

shifted90 Member

4. modster

modster Regular member

DMS4 is very difficult to install. Especially PSTwo. I believe you have to install Romeo or you will fry your laser.
    I have talked to many professional installers and they seem to have the same issues when installing the DMS4 Pro. After the installation, the only function works is pressing the square upon booting to disable the DMS. Lots of people have this issue.

My recommendation is go back using the DMS3 Plus. This chip is the best with less installation issues.

I'm in the San Antonio area, but sorry I have halted the installation of DMS4 for now until all the issues have been solved.

Good luck!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  5. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

I am debating whether to get a premod ps2 DMS3 or DMS4, which should i get? Wha'ts real diff.? and do you know any reliable place?

6. modster

modster Regular member

hmm..

I went back to doing mods for DMS3 Plus only. No more DMS4 Lite or Pro.

The main difference is that the DMS4 has auto detection of disc..PS2, PS1, DVD +r, DVD -r..etc

You can read more on www.dms3.com

Most of the installers are asking way too much to do a ps2 mods.

You can do it yourself if you are good at soldering.

I can average about 1.5 hour per mods these days doing DMS3 Plus on version 7.

Let's see DMS3 Plus price has dropped to about $36 where as DMS4 Lite is still around $45-$49 and Pro $54-$69 varies.

You just have to browse the web for the cheapest one. But beware, before you buy, send them an email and see how long for a reply. Some web site never supports or reply to your email after you made a purchase through them. I had a couple of those websites.

7. forg3

forg3 Member

What about the new dms 4 e.z.i lite/pro? the solderless one. Is it any good? They are saying in their site that will run in ps2 slim v12.

8. modster

modster Regular member

The DMS4 ezi lite/pro seems to be good; but remember how much DMS team boasted about the new DMS4 lite/pro? All the advertisement and boasting?? Where it turned out that most people have the same issue of not able to upgrade the bios with Toxic.

Anyways, the new DMS4 ezi will be on the market around December 15 or so.

I probably will not get one until after Christmas or early next year. Just waiting to see what all the issues arise from this new invention. hehe

Last edited: Dec 3, 2004
  9. forg3

forg3 Member

hrm, thats bad :/

and what about a dms3 with v12? too much modification? itll fit in without a new case?
    btw dms team said this ezi ll need a new case for ps2, seems a lot ot trouble to me!