1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install Asus M2N-E motherboard

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by darkradar, Sep 28, 2007.

1. darkradar

darkradar Member

I got all these parts to build a new PC and I know how to connect everything except these little ones coming out of the case. There are connectors that say some stuff on them so I will write what is written on each connector and double space when I go to another connector. Please if some can go to Asus website and downlaod the manual and try to understand this part for me because I can`t find slots on the motherboard that fit it. For example, one plug has 1 row of 4 pins and in the manual, the slot it says to connect it to has 2 rows, one of 4 pins and 1 of 5 pins. So I`ll tell you what the connectors say and if anyone can help me, that would be great. I need to get this PC built by Sunday so I need help fast Thanks.
    Here are what the plugs say:

VCC
    USB1-
    USB1+
    GN
    (then there is one plug with one pin that says GN)

VCC
    USB2-
    USB2+
    GN
    (then there is one plug with one pin that says GN)

PWRSW

H.D.D LED
    (tied to it)
    POWER LED
    (tied to it)
    RESET SW

Thanks in advance

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

They go at the bottom of the motherboard at the front, you'll see a load of pins sticking out.
    Consult the manual for which one goes where, it's pretty obvious.

3. Blackjax

Blackjax Regular member

There are no "slots" so to speak they are pins located "below" your sata connectors next to the blue connectors on the board. Sorry can't downld the manual where I'm at.

Look closely at your board you should see the same markings near the pins as on your connectors. The only one that is really "neccsary" for computer operation is your power switch!

I hope this helps a little

read below please