1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install Ex 2.2 lite+ onto HDD when disabled NO BIOS!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Billyfett, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

I install the Ex 2.2 Lite + to my 120 gb HD and have been in back-up heaven, but if I disable it with the switch it came with I get an 13 error(no bios). Did I do something wrong. In the xbox C: drive I switched the dash boards, so the evox is the main one and the other ti msdash. I would like to go LIVE but can't. Also, any advive on getting XBMP 2.3 to work. I can get it to play fron the DVD-Rom but I have no clue of how to get it to play from the HDD. I looked at a few tutorials on-line but NO LUCK. THANKS TO DARTHNIP!!!! GREAT ADVICE!!!!

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

what did I do???

3. kapnkruch

kapnkruch Guest

I think you might need to lock your HD or something...and dont be a dick about free advice!
    you asked, use at your own risk or figure it out your own god damn self!!

4. darthnip

dude he wasn't being a dick. he PM'd me thanking me for the help i'd given him, i guess he read a bunch of my posts and it helped him out or something._X_X_X_X_X_[small]I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    http://www.BillLonero.com - check out bill, he rocks and he's way cool.
    rod.Liquidirc.com #ad_buddies

[/small]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2003
  5. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

Hey KAPNKRUCH thanks for the tip on locking the HDD. I don't think I was being A DICK! Darth Nip had answered a bunch of questions to other Newbies and that same advice helped me out. If I was going to be a DICK, I would have said so in the first post. I would not beat around the bush. STRAIGHT UP! YO! Anyhoo! Thanks for the tip!!!!!

6. Dank

Dank Regular member

sure darth way to fusk his box up bro.. good work.... it does appear even tho he dinnit mean it that he was blaming u by the way it is typed in lol
    jus kiddin darthnip

7. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

Thnaks again for the locking tip! I read up on it and that's what I have to do. Anyone got any advice on XBOX Media Player 2.3. I can get it to play stuuf from the DVD-rom, but I have no idea on how to get it to work with the HDD and where to store my media on the HDD.
    MUCH LOVE!!
    PEACE BILLYFETT

8. kapnkruch

kapnkruch Guest

sorry again, bro....I PM'd you with an apology
    the way I read it seemed like sarcasm

9. darthnip

OK guys, cool out, simple misunderstanding, it happens, and yeah i read it that way too, it did seem like a sarcastic poke at me, so i was like "wtf did i do?? but he pm'd me about it, and it's all good.
    Dank (animal) - dont ever change man, you kill me sometimes.

ok, it's over, GROUP HUG!!! lol

and btw, we all know alot of advice given on this forum is simply stuff that other users have read here, never take anyone's word for anything, it's all up to us to do extensive research on our problems, if you settle for 1 person's advice, you might be getting bad advice and if you dont follow up on the acuracy of it, you get what's coming to you. there are only a handful of members that i would take just what they say and run with it. remember, we were all n00bs at one time, and i dont ever claim that i know everything, and never will. we ALL support each other, and together, WE can solve pretty much any problem. If there ever is a situation where you want to thank a member for helping you, i created this thread specifically for that purpose - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/45881 - use it, good advice deserves a thank you. I'm on the warpath to bring the xbox forum up to a high caliber status. we are smaller than the ps2 forum, and they get crazy over there sometimes, I want a tight group of guys that can collectively can fix any xbox problem, and we are well on our way. the admins and dRD do monitor this forum, lets work together and get the respect we deserve by being nice, polite, and helpfull to anyone who needs it, well except for Dank, we like him the way he is ;)

10. Dank

Dank Regular member

I will take that as a compliment darth... lmaoo
    i bitch alot what can i say?

NO LUCK. THANKS TO DARTHNIP!!!! GREAT ADVICE!!!!
    lmaooooo

11. darthnip

well man, thats the way i meant it :)

12. Dank

Dank Regular member

cheers