1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

install problems with nero 7 ultra

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Larryclv, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Larryclv

Larryclv Guest

I just bought this and downloaded the install file. When it came to the screen for the serial number there was a number already on it that was different from what was sent in the e-mail. I deleted it and used the sent serial number. I had nero 5 installed and allowed the the install program to automatically uninstall 5. Everything seemed fine except that every time the computer booted the install wizard ran again. I uninstalled 7 and used the nero clean tool but the install wizard still ran at bootup. I used jv powertools regfinder to find nero in the registry and it found over 1200 entries even after using the clean tool. I deleted these and now the install wizard doesn't run at bootup. I'm going to redownload the 7 ultra install file and try again. Any suggestions as to make sure the install works this time? Thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. Larryclv

Larryclv Guest

yes. That was what I meant when I said I used the nero clean tool.

4. Larryclv

Larryclv Guest

Got it working! Obviously the key is not to rely just on the program or the clean registry tool to remove all traces of nero. This must be done manually which is a pain. I doubt any ordinary computer users would bother with this. They would just get another product that was easier to install. Why can't this removal process be automated? The best solution would be to just have the new version install over the old like many other products. This still had another serial number in the window rather than the one that was sent. I deleted that and used the sent one. What would have happened if I used the number that appeared during the install?