1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installation errors, please help

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rlcsekhar, Feb 23, 2005.

1. rlcsekhar

rlcsekhar Member

hi every one, i am fighting with the below problem from 3weeks, hope anyone can solve my problem, i am getting a crc error (the file c:\game\filename doeasn't macth the file in the setup's cab file. the medium from which u r running the setup may be corrupted) when i am installing games.i have the image files of games which i downloaded, when i tried to install from the virtual drive there r no errors in installation , but when i write the image files into cds, and then install, problen occurs, i tried changing "operating system", "cd writer/dvdwriter", changed company "blank disks",changed writing software, scanned full system with antivirus2005,.but when i connected my hdd as a slave to another pc and write the images, installation from that cds work great,, i have also changed, the data cables which i connect to hdd and mother board, please , please anyone help me out from this problem.i have so many images to write into cds, thanks in advance.

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Perhaps God wants you to buy the games so you can legally backup your games instead of downloading.

3. rlcsekhar

rlcsekhar Member

u made me smile with ur comment, but where is my solution, even if i bought a game and want to make a back up copy of it, please

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Maybe you should consider installing a second hdd, and make the one you have now the slave and the other the primary. That's the only solution that I could give you, seeing as you have tried everything else.