1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installation problem with nero 6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sm_tb, Jan 26, 2004.

1. sm_tb

sm_tb Member

Everytime I try to install nero 6 I gate a message stating "an error occurred duru=ing the (filename) copy process error 6, the handle is invalid.) and tells me to reboot and try again with no avail.
    I have fully uninstalled all ahead and nero files etc from my PC and wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that my OS id XP Pro??
    Any suggestions

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

sm_tb,

Do you have Roxio CD Creator or Easy Creator on board ?

"P"

3. sm_tb

sm_tb Member

i have no other cd writing software installed at all

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

5. sm_tb

sm_tb Member

Thanks for the feedback, the version I was trying to install was from a bought cd and not downloaded, however it seems the seriel no was the problem as when I obtailned another number it went in first time

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Most excellent :)

(and another job well done by someone other than me :-(

7. BelowZero

BelowZero Guest

I'm also having a problem with Nero 6.
    I have installed Nero 6 but when I try to start it using SmartStart I get a blue screen and the computer needs to be rebooted.

I had Easy CD Creator installed but have removed it. I don’t see any other disk writing software.

Help pages at Nero don't seem to mention XP much.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

8. askyew

askyew Regular member

I have nero and roxio both working in harmony on my XP. I did however, go to ms config and shut down all the start up items roxio has. I have never tried to run them both at once. Hmmm might give it a try to see what happens.

9. askyew

askyew Regular member

I just openend both Roxio easy cd&dvd creator 6 and Nero 6.3.0.2 demo and went through several screens on each. They don't seem to cause any problems to the other. Maybe I am just lucky?

10. BelowZero

BelowZero Guest

Thanks for checking askyew. I removed Easy Cd and am still having the problem. it must be another conflict.

11. askyew

askyew Regular member

Glad to be of assistance and good luck with it as hear nero dosen't have the best support.

12. sm_tb

sm_tb Member

After finally getting nero 6 installed, its working away perfectly, the only other writing software I have running is clone dvd and smart ripper for dvds but all happily working away together, It maybe that your nero hasn`t installed itself properly or completely

13. dejavu

dejavu Member

Hi guys, need some help here since we're on the topic of Nero. I installed mine but the computer will restart after I execute the program. Anybody knows why? Thank you

14. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi guys,
    Nero has a few different utilitys avalible to help check for conflicts, etc.

http://www.nero.com/us/631898242809219.html

Frank
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000[/small]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2004
  15. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Sorry Guys, couldn't get on to the forum for a while -

Guys,

Three important things.

1. Always, when uninstalling Nero use control Panel (I'm sure you all do)

2. Super important. When uninstalling Nero, reboot after to "clear" it.

3. When installing Nero, it's not truly installed until you reboot to allow it to "take" :))

If you have done that then continue on to "Fast Franks" utilities -

"p"

16. BelowZero

BelowZero Guest

Just to update.
    Nero emailed me telling me to wait till another version came out (apparently first of every month).
    I tried this with the latest version 6.3.0.3.
    Everything went about the same, when I started it the first time using StartSmart it crashed and a blue screen came up (rare for me on XP home). I rebooted and restarted with StartSmart and it actually came up with now glitches. I input my serial number and proceeded to write a data CD. Viola it worked, CD tests fine. Before going any further I rebooted to get these changes set in my registry. After reboot, back to the same problem, blue screen after starting Nero. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and have been able to get to the point where StartSmart will come up but get a blue screen after trying anything CD writing. I’m going to buy a seat of Easy Creator for now and will occasionally come back for new Nero updates to see if it comes together. To me they must have a significant bug. No other software has been this difficult for me.
    Good luck.

17. BelowZero

BelowZero Guest

Ok I should proof read before sending.
    I should have said serious problems are rare for me and I’ve never with any other software seen a blue screen.
    I typed “actually came up with now glitches” I meant “no glitches”. Also I’ve uninstalled with My Computer add/remove and Nero’s clean tool. I’m not sure what the difference would be. Any comment ScubaPete?

Thanks
    Mike

18. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

BelowZero,

To be honest, I've never used StartSmart. Nero is "Flaky", that no one will dispute but it's so much better than Roxio it's why I use it.

As you can see, I'm running XP Home and on those very rare occasions that I got a "Blue Screen" it has always been a software conflict. DVD43 & AnyDVD will mess you up too.

My suggestion ? - Try using those programs of Nero's that you like directly, not through StartSmart.

After using the link that my Buddy, the Fastman Frank has offered, I can't at this time offer anything else. I'll keep looking to see if I can find anything and will get back to you if I do, OK ?

"P"

19. BelowZero

BelowZero Guest

Thanks "p". It crashes when I do anything having to do with writing. Backup appears to work.

20. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Did you do a deep background virus scan ?

Almost sounds like a bug -

"P"