1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed Duo2, now PS@ doesnt work right...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by p27rpy, Feb 17, 2005.

1. p27rpy

p27rpy Member

i installed my Duo2 chip, and everything looked good connection wise. now when i turn on the ps2 and put in a gmae, i hear the disc being read and everything, but there is no audio or video output to the tv. the fan doesnt seem to come on either...im just worried that ive completely messed up my ps2. like i said though, everything was done as the instructions said, and all the connections looked good. am i screwed?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

sorry about that man. I hope someone can help you. But if you even made the slightest mistake i think you are screwded. I am paying the extra $$$ to get a premodded system for just that reason. i would be sure to screw it up because my soldering skills suck.
    I would take it to someone with a good knowledge of modchips. Most likely the only people who will be able to help you will have to be able to see it and be hands on.

3. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

I would check your wires on the bios as they could be bridged, make sure nothing is shorting. As for your fan you could have caught the wire under the shielding as i did this would have blown the fan fuse and you will need to replace it or solder it to a 5v and ground.

4. p27rpy

p27rpy Member

thanks for the replies...i guess ill have to let a professional look at it. man i hope i havent screwed my PS2.
    theo

5. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

I wouldn't give up just yet - you probably just have a bios bridge.

Get a magnifying glass or other optical tool and check out your connections very closely.