1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed DuoX-2 modchip, but just boots from ordinary bios (eject button)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by pbailey, Sep 9, 2004.

1. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Just installed this duox-2 modchip, but when i power it on using the eject button, yes i soldered the wire to the eject button, it doesn't even see the chip... Xbox is a v1.0, the only thing i can think of is the d0 connection is not proper? But it does nothing,not even the 3 restarts, dang gone it. Please help please.

2. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Not too helpful... Oh well, i'll try resoldering all the points and try my luck elsewhere, cheers.

3. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Ok, i've got the blue logo coming up, and the chips flashes red, just need to burn the evo disc to dvd i guess....

4. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Another question, i'm getting into this, lol, if i connect the ide ribbon cable to my dvd drive (xbox, 1.0 thompson) it boots fine, but if i reverse the cable, ie red pin faciong other end, it does the 3 frags things, and then won't boot.... what the hell is going on?

5. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

yep, burning the evo 2.6 to a teac dvd+r fixed it all, thanks for the help, oh, hang on...... ;)

I think i was confused over the eject button, sucks how there's no documentation for these things, yeah, on the site, but manuals are easier to referece, lol. Anyway, happy modding, i'm off to put my new hdd in.

6. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Hmmm, another question, when the xbox boots it comes up with the blue logo and says executor 2 at the bottom, but then it just loads the normal dash, even tho i've installed and formatted an upgraded hdd as c:\ being the boot sector, not f:, as not all bioses boot from f:, but either way it just goes back to the MS dash after the blue logo screen... ANY help on this one would be greatly appreciated.......

7. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Ok, got the dashboard up, but there are no apps or game menus, goddam this is trial and error.

8. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

I'm running the duox-2 with 2 banks, they come preflashed, the second bank is for 1.6's, i'm running a 1.0, can i flash over the top of the 2nd bios, or can you only flash over the top of the bios bank you're using? Understand?? :)

9. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Ok, this chip's pretty cool, flashed it with the evox m8 fc bios, and am currently installing\upgrading all apps and evox onto f:\ drive, is this wrong, so far i can only get the dashboard, but there are no apps or menus on it, just the cogs evolution x rotating and the option to reset or power off, network and backup, that's it.

10. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Well i'm finally 100% finished with my mod now, dashboard and skins etc, all i have to say about the slayer disc is it can be a right bastard, you're better off learning a bit about modding, creating iso's and dummy files etc, and using boxplorer, tho i think you need evo x working on it already....

Anyway, a moderator may aswell delete this thread, it won't help anybody, but it helped me sort my stuff out.

11. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

I don't think anyone else has ever hear of this duox-2 chip and so nobody made the attempt to help. Slayers is the easiest way to add dashboards and applications. I couldn't find v2.6 so I just upgraded my 2.5 manually.

12. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Yeah once it's all sorted ftp with flashfxp would have to be the easiest way to change dashboards etc, getting into the emulators now, definately worth the time and money to mod the console, great stuff.