1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed First PS2 chip, DMS4 Pro. But PS2 still works normally.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by BoxMods, Dec 30, 2004.

1. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

Hi, is this normal for the PS2 to act unmodded after I just got done installing the DMS4 Pro chip? I also tried holding down square or triangle on startup, but it still functions normally. I have not flashed or tried any backups yet. Thanks.

2. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

3. rcade

rcade Guest

Are you sure that all the points are soldered together? Make sure that the C wire is connected properly or else the PS2 will think you have the Eject pressed down dissabling the mod chip. Also The DMS4 chips are one of the best mod chips out there, thus it uses more electricity making it more sensitive to chips with high frequencies. You have to make sure that the wire you are using to for GND is a 20 or 22 awg kynar Wire. For the rest of the points you can use regular 30 awg kynar wire. Also you must make sure that all of the wires are flat on the motherboard and are not passing chips with high frequency like the BGA chips and over the microchip eeprom near BIOS. MAKE SURE you follow everything right because if you do get it to turn on but you didn't (for instance) use a 20 AWG wire for the GND you can make the PS2 go into a black screen on boot and you can damage the BIOS Chip.

4. Jedi985

Jedi985 Member

I've got exactly the same problem (with the DMS4 Pro chip and a V7 console) - PS2 boots as normal, and I cannot get the disabled message to appear when holding square on boot up.

I've gone through all the contacts with a multimeter, and they appear to be soldered ok.

Also - since re-soldering some of the joints I get an intermittant RSOD when attempting to play an original PS2 game.

-> Any ideas or hints on where I should be looking, and/or which solder points might be causing the intermittant RSOD?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005