1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installed flip top and now lens doesnt even move to read disc, disc doesnt spin

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ajarina, Mar 3, 2005.

1. ajarina

ajarina Member

i have a v12 ps2 and i installed my flip top for it today. now, it doesnt read any games. whenever i power it up, it goes straight to the browser screen and says "no data" (when a disc is in there, of course).

also, the console doesnt even spin the disc like it normally would. ive scoured the forums and even google searched for a solution to this problem, but cant find anything.

i am thinking i might have pinched a power line to the lens or something like that when i put the cover back on???

PLEASE HELP!

2. chromdome

chromdome Member

I had a similar problem with mine when I first installed my flip lid. It turned out I installed the spring wrong so the outer lid wasn't sitting all the way down, go over your install and make sure everything looks good. If so, try putting the old cover back on and if works, it's your install, of not, keep searching these forums. Hope that helps a little.

3. ajarina

ajarina Member

i did what you suggested, put on the old lid to see if it worked, and it did. i then tried to put on the new flip top and it gave me the same "there is no data" message on the browser screen.

could you maybe be more specific with everything you did step by step?

i am thinking maybe the flip top just wont work on my individual ps2???

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  4. JRoland

JRoland Member

ajarina, Not to talk down to you, but when you installed your FlipTop, were you sure to install that white disc thingie on the new CD Cover?

I am not too sure the exact fit of the V12's, but it sounds like something is either way too tight, or, way too loose - assuming you have the white disc in there.

Good Luck

5. ajarina

ajarina Member

no offense taken roland, and thank you both for your help. i tried to take off the cover and reinstall it a few times and finally got it to work. its working ok, and im just having trouble creating back ups for mgs 3 snake eater and the two latest grand theft auto games. just bad burns i think.

6. JRoland

JRoland Member

Hey mate,

Glad to hear it's up and working! FlipTops, for as great as they are, take some tweaking. Everyone seems to forget to mention that:

"Just replace your original console cover with the FlipTop."

There should really be some kind of asterik ;)

Anyway, as for your other problems - the bad burns - I have successfully used DVD Decrypter to READ the images from my DVD-Burner and then used Alcohol 120% to successfully WRITE the image file. When I used DVD Decrypter to WRITE originally, I had 3 out of 5 bad burns - even while burning at 1x.

Also, be sure to use DVD-R - not + R's. Oh, and I don't mean to beat a drum, be sure you are using quality media, i.e. Verbatim, TDK.

Good Luck man!