1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed FW 3.40 OE-A Whats Next? Help!! :)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by AnalogX, Apr 28, 2007.

1. AnalogX

AnalogX Member

Hello Everyone,

Quick Version:
    I installed firmware v3.40 OE-A on my TA-082 PSP, so whats next? Devhook? Hen-D? What do I need to install next to enjoy everything including .cso's or .iso's?

Long Version with Intro:
    New to the board but not new to modding, I've modified countless consoles PS1's,XBOX's, PS2's and have only Bricked one PS2 :)

Ok now that the little intro is out of the way. My Wife surprised me with a PSP for my 37th Birthday (I'm probably a geezer compared to some of the members here) and so the first thing I thought was, cool!! I should be able to run HomeBrew stuff on this and more.

So I started doing some reading, I found many tutorials explaining how to downgrade from various Firmware versions and each seem to be more confusing than the previous. I followed one particular set of instructions which required Hen-D to be installed and run first and those instructions were not clear for a PSP Newbie like me. I managed to freeze my PSP but was able to recover from that.

I than found this very excellent and to the point tutorial by Touran22
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/441460
    I recommend anyone who's a newbie and has a 2.71 to follow those instructions.

Ok So I successfully downgraded my v2.71 to v1.50 and than followed another set of instructions and installed fw v3.40 OE-A.

Now I'm not sure where to continue from here? What else do I need to installed? Do I need Devhook? Hen-D? Whats Emulation for? and do I need emulation.

So this is where I'm stuck at.

Any Advice/Help would be appreciated.

2. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

if u are in the oe version u dont need devhook, hen d etc.. it is already perfect as it is...

3. AnalogX

AnalogX Member

Ok thats great!! :) So my next question is than. Do I need to keep these folders? and Do I need to make some sort of backup and keep in a safe place?

E:\PSP\GAME\340oeflasher
    E:\PSP\GAME\340oeflasher%
    E:\PSP\GAME\idstoragechange
    E:\PSP\GAME\oeupdmaker
    E:\PSP\GAME\oeupdmaker%
    E:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE

Also all of a sudden I have a stray pixel, I recall someone had made a video file to fix stray pixels. Will have to see if I can find it.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  4. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

well u can delete them xcept the third one coz i dunno wht it is... n also mayb u want 2 back it up if sumthin happens n u need to recover it back...

bout the pixels, no idea...

5. yaha

yaha Member

hi AnalogX..
    i jz bought my psp
    can u teach me hw to install firmware v3.40 OE-A from v1.5?
    u said u follow another set of instruction..
    care 2 share wif me?
    thanks

6. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  7. hunnis

hunnis Member

I'm with the topic creator. I haven't received my 1.5 firmware psp in the mail yet, but when I do, I will use the easy installer to get the 3.40 oea firmware. From there, I'm not sure what to do. Basically, all I need to know is how to run .isos and basically not brick the console.

8. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Hunnis, you will only brick it possible downgrading/upgrading/modifying flash.

And to run ISO backups just make an ISO folder in the root of your memory stick if there isn't one and throw them in there. (CSO's too since they are just compressed ISO's)

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  9. hunnis

hunnis Member

ok great, so if I have a 1.5 firmware psp, then run the 3.40 oe-a auto installer, I SHOULD be fine? As long as it auto installs correctly right?

10. Dollaz

Dollaz Member

Yeah, that's it. I just got a PSP a few days ago, followed the 1.5 downgrade thread by touran22, worked like a charm. Used the 3.40 OE-A auto-installer, no problems there.

After 3.40 OE-A was installed, I formatted the memory stick using my PSP and it automatically created an ISO folder, and all of the other folders I needed.

11. hunnis

hunnis Member

Sweet, thanks. I'm getting a used psp from a guy who has 1.5 firmware on it in a few days. Can't wait to get all this firmware stuff out of the way

12. yaha

yaha Member