1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed Magic V mod on a V7 Ps2........No picture on screen

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kenchin, Mar 27, 2004.

1. kenchin

kenchin Member

Recently finished installing a Magic V modchip on a V7 PS2 (PAL). Double checked the wires and carefully re assembled the unit. Once I turned on the Ps2 for the first time after the mod installation, no picture shows, however it seems the the ps2 power is working fine. Any help on how to solve this problem?

2. imkewl

imkewl Member

I have also gotten the exact same results as of installing a Magic V on my PS2 (PAL). But my eject button has no power leading to it. Ive removed the chip and everything works fine.

Does the chip work on PAL Ps2's????
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]:D[/small]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2004
  3. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Your timing wire is routed poorly.

Visit:

www.china-magic.com

for more information.

4. account

account Guest

that can also be caused by too much solder on some of the points or bounce from the ground and the other point that requires thicker wire.

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

5. jamie473

jamie473 Member

I had the same problem after installing a Magic V 50K on a PAL V9 console. Loosening the 8 screws slightly that hold together the case, allowing the two halves to relax apart ever so slightly fixed the problem.

6. bigshogun

bigshogun Member

Your R wire is messed up. or the timeing wire. i had the same problem 2 weeks ago and this fixed it.. make sure you don't have any points touching each other also, if it looks suspecious do it again.

also ground ur R wire by doing the follwoing

take another wire and twist them to together, then e tape them. Then solder the R wire and the other wire Solder it to the Ground point on the motherboard and the ground point on the mod chip.

this will take out any interference.

hope this helps

7. tree

tree Member

hi i tried 2 install a modchip on a v10 ps2. and everything was working but the display on tv. display was just black like u all say. i have removed the modchip and still the screen is black, and I cant see whats wrong. Please help

8. tree

tree Member

i found how 2 fix my problem. there was a tiny solder bridge i hadnet even seen on the biggest chip on the top side.

9. bigshogun

bigshogun Member

good thing you found those.. i had no clue wat was wrong with ur ps2.