1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed second dvd rom and now io error???

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by sandy10, Aug 4, 2007.

1. sandy10

sandy10 Member

I have installed a second dvd rom drive into my dell dimension 2400 which i did with dells help but 1 day later im finding problems with my original Philips pbd1v1660p1 dvd rewriter.If i put a disc in it pauses for aaaages whilst trying to read it.Everything is very slow and when i burn it just freezes up at some point.It is set to master on my secondary and my new Samsung sh-d16c is the slave on the same cable yet that seems to be ok.
    have i wrecked my old faithfull writer in the process of installing the new one.Some times the screen locks when booting and ejecting my Philips drive stops it from doing so.It did burn a few success's but has gradually declined to the point im at now where it wont really function correctly at all!
    I would appreciate some help on this one if somebody could be so kind.
    Cheers.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try setting the jumper on each drive to cable select as that is a dell preference

3. sandy10

sandy10 Member

Hi,thanks for the advice.I hhave heard of this cable select but could not find where to change it within my bios.Could you kindly point me in the right direction.
    Cheers.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

5. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Just to add a bit. Yes almost all are like that. But if different and you are confused what to set there is a lable on top of the drive to show you where to put things.

-Del