1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed spider chip 1.1, terrible fit and non-working

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by jambo1987, Jan 17, 2005.

1. jambo1987

jambo1987 Member

Hi there everyone,
    I've recently purchased one of those ultra shoddy spider 1.1 chips.
    I did the test to see which version xbox i own going by the graphics chip idea i had the focus chip (ver. 1.4-1.5) so i clipped all the wires off the spider chip apart from the D wire and then attempted to screw the chip onto the motherboard.
    Due to the terrible build of the chip once screwed in the chip is completley out of range of the lpc section so i had to blue-tak the chip to the board and solder a power cable to the chip ( no worries tho that part works fine ), i then inserted the D wire to the D0 hole then tested it out, the xbox booted up as normal. i then thaught that this shoddy excuse for non-solder job was the problem so i soldered a cable to the d0 point on the back of the mother board and then onto the chip, the same thing happenes yet again (xbox boots up as normal, no spider chip interface).

My only thoughts were that the xbox version identifier method was incorrect and that i have a version 1.6 xbox .

any comments/suggestions would be very much appreciated, thanks alot

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  2. jambo1987

jambo1987 Member

arnt you lot a helpful bunch :p

3. focker123

focker123 Member

Spiderchip changed the D and E wire on the 1.1 chip. You need to solder a wire to the E point on the chip and use it instead of D. Also make sure all the pogo pins are touching. The two fartherest away from the screw will lift up on you.

4. jambo1987

jambo1987 Member

thanks alot ill give it a go now and post my results, fingers crossed:)

5. HeLLSaTaN

HeLLSaTaN Member

hey i got the problem where the 2 pins dont sit right... how do u fix that? how do i get them 2 sit on the lpc