1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed XP, now DRU500a won't burn anything

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Davemusic, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Davemusic

Davemusic Member

Hi,
    I'm running just installed XP and 98SE on the same computer but so far I can only burn to DVD using 98. In both Nero and Decrypter writing is cancelled immediately before anything is put on the disc. I get sort of vague error messages that I can't remember right now. Is there some setting that I'm not aware of in XP? A conflict between the 2 OS's? Help appreciated.-Dave

2. ashleyk

ashleyk Member

I would say that Dual Boot is your issue. I am running XP and the DRU500 and I dont have a problem. I would always stay away from dual boot, when you are using 2 different partition types....in this case, you are probably using FAT32 and NTFS right? Anyway, get rid of the 98. Why do you need it? Its junk software.

3. Davemusic

Davemusic Member

You're right. I am running both Fat32 and NTFS. I wanted to see how XP performed on my computer before completely reformatting all my hard drives. Looks like my scanner will have to be junked because it will not work and is not supported in XP.
    However, after more tests, I can get DVD+RW's to burn in XP with Nero but not the DVD-R's that burn fine in 98. Should each OS be picky about the media type? I thought that is more of a burner issue. Still perplexed.

Dave

4. FIXXER

FIXXER Member

Take my word for it xp & 2000 are the only way to go, all other win op systems are junk. That's definetly a weird one, try reinstalling nero and your layer again. I use nero 5.8.0 I found the newer nero has problems with protection on some newer movies.

5. Davemusic

Davemusic Member

Well,
    I've now been able to burn DVD+R discs along with the +RW but have tried another brand of DVD-R and the same freeze up happens in XP. And, of course, they work in 98. Why would I lose the ability to burn DVD-R only?
    I've reinstalled Nero, used Nero's own Wnaspi32.dll, and disabled the built in burning program that comes with XP. Dave