1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing 3.60 M-33 for the PSP Slim - Freezes at the blank screen

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pavpev, Jan 9, 2008.

1. pavpev

pavpev Member

I am trying to install 3.60 M-33 on my PSP Slim. I followed the instructions in the Readme to the word, using my Pandora Magic Memory Stick and Jigkick bettery (which have just been used to recover a 'Phat' PSP - so I know they work!) I used MS0:/PSP/GAME as opposed to MS0:/PSP/GAME150, just incase that happens to be of conciquence.

I ran the Pandora Extention for Slim 3.60 M-33 Installer on my 1.50 Phat PSP, with the 3.40 and 3.50 in the root of the memory stick and it extracted with no problems.

Then I put the Magic Memory stick and battery in my Slim, Green Power light comes on, but not the Memory Stick light or the screen. I understand that this is what's supposed to happen, and then you simply press 'X' to begin installation, so I press X and nothing happens. No other lights flash on or off and I left it for about 10 minutes in case it just needed some time, but it didn't change.

I then had to pull the battery out as the it wouldn't turn off via the power switch, but luckily it doesnt seem to have done it any damage, it still works fine with its regular Slim battery.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance

Pav

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try using this easy installer (Universal Unbricker V3) and guide HERE. This will give you screen support for the SLIM so you can see the menu selection screen.

This can be used on both FAT and SLIM PSP's and it will install 3.71 M33-2.

The additional files I have included in the guide give you the option to install 3.71 M33-4 (recommended) and 1.50 ADD ON-2 (FAT PSP ONLY).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  3. pavpev

pavpev Member

I'll give it a go, just downloading it now :eek:) thanks a lot