1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing 7.5.9 ultimate on XPproSP2 500 MHz

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by fdusr, Feb 13, 2007.

1. fdusr

fdusr Member

Hi, I just received a Nero Ultimate CD disk ordered from ebay, with serial #. It's version 7.5.9.0. The PC is as shown on the subject header, desktop, 500 MB real RAM, P3 500 MHz. I have been unable to install the product so far, & reading some user reviews, maybe I should not. I have not found system requirements for this product. Will it even install on such a slow PC, and if so, will it work? I read that this forum has good install instructions for nero. If it's a good idea to try installing, where might I find the instructions here? Thanks.

2. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  3. fdusr

fdusr Member

Thanks for reply! The link you sent me to says 800 MHz is the minimum, the PC has a 500 MHz Intel P3 chip.

I haven't got to the point of error codes, since setup bogs down a really long time on extracting .cab files to /temp. After 20 minutes I just used task manager to end the "install."

4. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

Sorry about that! You're right, you are below minimums. My bad on misreading the processor speed.