1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing a dvd drive

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by BigCol, Jun 21, 2012.

1. BigCol

BigCol Member

Just bought an Advent DT2204 Desktop PC. I want to install an extra dvd drive as there is a slot for it. Ive taken the sides of the pc off and had a look. There are some extra plugs that I assume would fit into the back of the dvd drive. On the dvd rewriter thats in the pc, there is two plugs that, one wide one and one small one that both go into the back of the drive. There is a couple of spare wide ones but none of the smaller ones. Think its a sata cable. Am I right in thinking that I need a sata cable that connects the drive to the mother board as well as the other lead?? Im really useless at this kind of stuff but any help with this will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

It sounds like you have the extra power cables to connect to the new drive but just need to go purchase an extra Sata cable to hook it up.

3. yoyofield

yoyofield Member

Buy anexternal dvd drive.There are a lot of such drive in the market,usb interface maybe the best.