1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing a new hard drive on a ps2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by matta25, Oct 23, 2004.

1. matta25

matta25 Member

I got a new 120GB hard drive for my PS2. I took the 40GB (Final Fantasy XI) drive out. I install the 120GB hard drive and put the HDD Untility disk in the PS2 and it says it can't see the hard drive. I have other games that are installed on the hard drive but on the browse windows at boot up, the hard drive is not show like the 40GB drive did. Please let me know if there is a way to get the hard drive to show up her so i can copy my saved games from the memory cards to the hard drive.
    thanks

2. stupidkid

stupidkid Member

only the original harddrivewill work with the sony HDD utility disk. sorry

3. matta25

matta25 Member

So there is no way to save your memory cards to a non-sony hard drive?

4. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

Your Harddrive cant be used as a memory card. It can be used indirectly to hold save games, but that will not let you load and save while playing games.

5. matta25

matta25 Member

this is what I want to do. Instead of having 50 memory cards i can copy the saved game to the hd and when i want to play that game again i can copy it back to the memory card. can this be done with a non ps2 hard drive?

6. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

The only way I know of is to use a program to copy it to your pc, then copy it to the harddrive. Same thing to put it back. It would save a step if you left it on your PC. Xport is one such program.