1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing an in-dash mobile xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by TravDude, Mar 11, 2007.

1. TravDude

TravDude Member

Greetings,

I am in the process of installing my modded xbox in my car. Basically I have removed the glove box and will custom mount the xbox in its place. My quesiton is, what type of hardware mods would you reccommend as to keep the xbox cool in the hot summer months? I will remove the xbox in the winter, but am concerned about the harsh heat. Is there any cooling techniques or methods of keeping the xbox cool (maybe even while it is off)? Any input is greatly appreciated!

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

well, you can A. Hard wire a fan to your fusebox on the car, or b. install a 80mm fan to keep it cool. you can always water cool it....

3. TravDude

TravDude Member

So far what I've done is installed two 80mm fans in the rear of the enclosure to help air move. Does anyone make an xbox water cooling kit, or can I make one from existing stock components (i.e. from NewEgg.com)?

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

im not sure, i know you can modify what you need and make it work, but durring the summer if you arent going to be using it put it under a seat or something so it stays cool, there is a guy around here that has his built into his dash and has his dash fiberglassed and painted white, it looks pretty nice, but he leaves his in there and never removes it, so yours should be fine