1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing backups on hd loader with fliptop and sm? Sly. L-burna. help!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by j-dizzy, Nov 26, 2004.

1. j-dizzy

j-dizzy Member

Hey can you tell me how to install my backups on my hard drive? I have v4 ps2, fliptop/sm disks, 160gb maxtor, ps2ownz freeloader(hd loader). I know sly has answered this in a few threads so sorry but here we go. basically, i just cant get the sm magic dvd to stop spinning on the CORRECT screen!

1. boot hd loader
    2. eject put in smdvd--(what screen in and which out?)
    3. swap magic disc wont stop spinning
    4. cant install my backup
    5. im sad

It will accept the sm dvd but when I hit continue and go to the screen where i enter the games name the disc is still spinning. One time I put sm in on install screen hit continue and it spun through the checking dvd/cd thing and stopped right when the name entry came up. So iknow i can do b/c i did it before(this is how i installed my LSL backup.) please help!!

2. cragster

cragster Regular member

ok for dd backups:

Load up hdloader
    When i goes to the screen in which you choose your game from the list eject and put in SM DVD then wait 45 seconds....click install it will say are you sure OK OR CANCEL or whatever it says...right now swap for dvd backup then click ok and name it.....if it says not a ps2 cd/dvd then its either bad burn or not compatible

For cd backups

Load up hdloader
    When i goes to the screen in which you choose your game from the list eject and put in SM CD then wait 45 seconds....click install it will say are you sure OK OR CANCEL or whatever it says...right now swap for cd backup then click ok and name it.....if it says not a ps2 cd/dvd then its either bad burn or not compatible

have fun ...this method works..its how i got paranoids gta sa on my hd before i bought it have fun :)

~CrAgStA~

3. j-dizzy

j-dizzy Member

OH MY HOLY CRAP!!!! SUCCESS HAHAHAHAHA SUCCEESSSSSSS!!

I will save a small space for you in my will!!

4. cragster

cragster Regular member

your welcome ~CrAgStA~