1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing controller port- urgently need help.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by dmoh7, Jun 5, 2004.

1. dmoh7

dmoh7 Member

I got a guy to install my modchip, and i think he was a lil too rough and broke hte clips that hold down the ribbon for my controller port, and now i have no clips, and no idea on how to install this mother... and whcih end of the ribbon goes into the those lil slots, and whcih side up :S I NEED HELP!!!

2. SPIKE2004

SPIKE2004 Member

hi i had this problem and without the clips, you cant connect cable anymore, as clips hold the cable tight.

anything else just ask.

Ian.

3. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest

I was helping this guy online the other day. So he broke BOTH of your clips!? Damn. I dont think even electrical tape will fix both of them. Your ps2 is ruined my friend.

4. xPyrOx

xPyrOx Member

I would contact him and ask for him to replace your ps2 for breaking it. If he gives you crap I would threaten to sue him in small claims for breaking your $200 ps2. If that doesnt work and he still gives you problems I personally (if close distance) would pay him a very unpleasant visit and also take note of where he lives and parks his nice car at night :)

Also if he's a user on this board or from ps2ownz please tell me so I can tell my friends to avoid him. In the meantime you might try using some hotglue or something similar to hold the cable down. The metal part on end of the cable goes facing down on both ends. Since he already broke those clips, I would look over your entire ps2 board VERY carefuly to make sure there are no solder bridges or wires crossed together. This is the very reason why I am willing to risk my ps2 by soldering it myself rather than "pay" someone and risk my ps2 getting broken or stolen.