1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Decrypter causes Slow Read and Burns with other Burning Apps

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by wug, Feb 5, 2005.

1. wug

wug Guest

Every time I install DVD Decrypter (newest ver), my other apps start reading and burning DVD's at 1.2-2X only. 4X is no more. If I do a system restore or uninstall the programs work fine again. I need decrypter for the newer DVD protection of course so any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I have been using DVD X-Copy Plat, Roxio Easy MEdia 7 and DVD Shrink with all burns successfully up until the newer protection arrived on the new releases. I only use Roxio for creating ISO's of existing backups to store on my HDD, not to backup protected DVD's of course. I installed Decrypter 3.5 to backup "The Grudge" and "Little Black Book". The grudge seemed to work but like a dummy I tried to fiddle with burning the movie files only and then used Roxio to burn the Video TS folder to DVD-R. Roxio burn it in record time and the outcome was the movie starting into the second chapter (having to rewind if you want to start from the beginning). I tried Roxio for this as it will burn Video/Audio TS folders/files no problem once decrypted and I did not want to install yet another program (Pinnacle Instant Copy) to burn those folders back to DVD-R). Pinnacle has worked in the past fine. I apologise for the rambling. I have an LG Dual Layer 16X burner and use primarily 4X Princo DVD-R's which have been very reliable on almost any player we put the backups into. Quality is great. Has worked great for everything so far. In short what is my best choice for backing up these new protected DVD's. Decrypter then ? Can I use Decrypter for both or it is still necessary to use 2-3 different programs? Thanks again, Bill

2. LIGHT_UK

LIGHT_UK Member

It's nothing to do with DVD Decrypter, it's because you're probably ripping protected discs and when the OS sees you're getting read errors, it steps down the DMA mode until you've finally back in PIO mode.

That's when things slow down and you cant get over 2x.

So basically you just need to sort out your DMA problem by uninstalling your IDE ATA Controller from within Device Manager and then rebooting.

3. wug

wug Guest

thanks, I will try it. Have copied protectred Store bought DVD's before though with no problem with just Shrink and speeds are great.

4. elliott

elliott Regular member

I had the same problem and ironically I just went searching for any available new drivers for my disc drives and viola everything was back to normal.

5. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Hi wug,
    Try uninstalling Roxio and see if that helps.
    HW.