1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing dvd9 disks... HELP!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hacker26, Mar 20, 2005.

1. hacker26

hacker26 Regular member

Hey i have the sony 40gb hd and i orderd the hdloader now from what i read it is not compatible with dvd9 disks. but i haev also heard that u can hook the ps2 hd onto ur comp and then download the games on from there. can someone please tell me how to do this. how to hook my hd into my comp and how to get the games on it from there.. THNAKS SO MUCH..

2. mickK

mickK Regular member

what you need to do is to make an image of the DVD9 disk and then find some tools to convert it to a DVD5 disk image. try using google to search for them or you can goto http://www.ps2nfo.com/ where they have a guide on how to do this. As i am typing this I am unable to get to that site.

3. hacker26

hacker26 Regular member

ok thanks, it wont let me on the ps2nfo forums tho i registered and everythingi havent gotten and enmail from them and also like it says ih ave to wait 5 days or soething. but besides that point how would i go about hooking th eps2 harddrive up to my computer im clueless on that part...thanks

4. mickK

mickK Regular member

well what i do is this, I have a DVD-ROM and DVD-burner in my computer so when i want to use the playstation HDD for my computer i take the cover off and swamp the power and IDE cable with my DVD-ROM and windows will detect it at first and ask you to restart and only does this the first time you put the HDD in the computer. Now if you want to install the game on the HDD you will need a program like HDL_dumb or HD handiness that are also found on the PS2info.com (formally ps2ownz). the HDD will not show up in My computer cause windows does not reconize thr filsystem on the PS2 HDD