1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing elf files after exploit working

Discussion in 'PS2' started by HiJAK, Sep 19, 2004.

1. HiJAK

HiJAK Guest

I've managed to create the exploit with a ps1 game that boots up to ps2menu from the memory card. I want to install another elf file to the memory card, and ive read that cdgenps2 can create disks that are readable in ps2menu, how can i create a disk that i can add elf files to so i can just copy them over to the memory card.
    thanks

2. HiJAK

HiJAK Guest

any ideas anyone?

3. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

I too have a similar question. I was just hoping I could use the same basic procedure that I used to install the cogswaploader expolit and just change the title db and the elf. (BTW... my swap magic discs wouldn't boot for crap, until I burned a cdr and put the fix on my mc. Now I can play THUG 2, BURNOUT 3, etc.).

Does anyone have a quick tut on how to do this? I have the hdloader, hdadvance, and ps2menu elfs, but I don't know how to use them with the goodies I got from the swapmagicfix site.

Heck... I have a modchip that reads the discs, no problem, if someone can tell me how to install ps2menu, I should be able to load the elfs with that, right?

Any knowledge is more than I have.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

burn it to cd, load exploit, swap for cd, then hit r1, browse the cd, and copy to memory card (sorry, don't remember the exact buttons).