1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing firmware for my D-Link DSL-604+

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by DopeFreak, Apr 12, 2007.

1. DopeFreak

DopeFreak Regular member

well i downloaded some firmware but i cant install it i got these instructions off the d link site but its not working. I do what it says but for the setting where it says the hardware part it does not have the option that it says(CTS/RTS) handshaking.

heres the settings i have for the Flow Control
    [​IMG]

i also tried it too witt the other settings but it wont let me type commands and shit to so i cant do nothing.

does anyone know an easier way to install or know how i can fix this.

help would be appreciated thx in advance.

PS also i did not transfer the file or try that without doing any commands. woudl it work or would it fuk up my router if i just transferd the file?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  2. DopeFreak

DopeFreak Regular member

plz guys help i really think someone would know about this stuff

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

4. DopeFreak

DopeFreak Regular member

dude thats not my router my router is DSL-604+ model but and i cant seem to find instructions for installing using GUI w/e that is. plz respond appreciate the post though man.

also the d-link site has no info for installing firmware i found this firmware on a random site and wanna install it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i realise there's probably different varieties of D-Link 604, however the firmware update method should be very similar regardless of which one you have. for instance -

[​IMG]

6. DopeFreak

DopeFreak Regular member

i cant use that man cause my login doesnt work its *bleep* bs ive tried to fix it for years i reseted the router and everything my version is known to not be able to change settings though cause i searched and tons of other ppl had same problem with this router and couldnt log in. i tried every login admin admin and everything.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007