1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing games from PC to PS2 using FAPlink to run with HDLoader: Help!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by atzero, Oct 28, 2004.

1. atzero

atzero Member

I have looked around for days trying to figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an unmodded PS2 with HDLoader and a HD. I want to be able to install PS2 .iso games/apps from my PC through the PS2 ethernet adapter. I am trying to use FAPLink, but I cannot get its PS2 .elf file to work off the HD with HDLoader.

So far I have:

1) Downloaded FAPLink v.8.7 to get FAPLink.exe and
    FAP_SRV.ELF.
    2) Created a system.cnf file:

BOOT2 = cdrom0:\FAP_SRV.ELF;1
    VER = 1.00
    VMODE = PAL/NTSC

3) Ran CDGenPS2 to create FAPLink.iso from the FAP_SRV.ELF, ipconfig.dat, and system.cnf files. (edited the system.cnf file in CDGenPS2 for "fix LBA" to "12231")
    4) Put the PS2 HD into the PC
    4) Ran WinHIIP to install the FAPLink.iso file created above onto the PS2 HD.
    5) Put the PS2 HD back into the PS2
    6) Ran the FAPLink program created above from HDLoader
    7) I get a blank screen from the PS2, and FAPLink doesn't connect from the PC

I know there is nothing wrong with my connection, because ExecFTP works fine. Using FlashFXP with ExecFTP, I can access everything on the PS2 except the HD. And that is only because ExecFTP does not support HDLoader partitions.

Is there something I'm missing? Is the system.cnf file correct?

Does anyone know how to install the FAP_SRV.ELF program on the PS2 HD so it can run with HDLoader?

Thanks

2. atzero

atzero Member

bump