1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Games Over Bluetooth on V600 (w/out app loader)

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by skylr616, Mar 26, 2005.

1. skylr616

skylr616 Member

I stumbled upon a good way to transfer games to a Motorola V600 phone without activating Java App Loader (meaning you need nothing but a working bluetooth connection). I hear that this works with several other Vxxx generation phones too so I thougth I should post it seperately in case anyone is having trouble. First off this is confirmed to work on WinXP SP2 over Widdcomm 1.4.3.4. Make sure you paired your phone already with the computer.

[bold]Step by Step:[/bold]
    1. Open Bluetooth Places
    2. Click on "View Devices in Range"
    3. Right click on your phone and click "Discover Available Services"
    4. Once finished you should have 4 icons in the window; Dial-Up Gateway, OBEX File Transfer, OBEX Object Push, and Voice Gateway.
    5. Drag and drop the *.jar file (game) to the OBEX Object PUSH icon.

For some reason this will not work if you have already discovered services and try to drag and drop the files onto OBEX Push inside "Bluetooth Places"... you have to do a "Device Discovery" and "Available Services Discovery" in order to be able to transfer .jar files (if you try to drag and drop in bluetooth places you will get a *transfer not allowed* msg).

Everytime you drag and drop a game on the OBEX Push icon your phone should beep and request confirmation of file transfer, transfer will occcur, then it should ask if you want to install.

Its as easy as that (and you don't need to generate *.jad files to get the games/apps installed!) If this works for anyone else make sure you post your phone model so we know how many Motorola phones this will work with.

2. baspeed

baspeed Member

This may sound very stupid but how do I get bluetooth to work on my phone? I understand wireless headset but how do I get it to connnect to my pc without some kind of card in my pc? Trying to get it all to work with data cable sux.