1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Hard Drive LED

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ShadoweX, Apr 22, 2003.

1. ShadoweX

ShadoweX Member

Does anyone know how to or where I can find instructions on installing a hard drive LED in my Xbox?

2. NemXWasp

NemXWasp Member

no i don't but i know a guy that fried his xbox tring to do it so be careful

3. kapnkruch

kapnkruch Guest

www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php

killer site!

I think I've seen it there

4. ShadoweX

ShadoweX Member

Thanks.. I came across that site also a day after I posted my questions. They have a couple different ways you can do it.

5. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

I did it.The first time,I soldered the wire directly to the number 39 pin on the HD.And I ended up screwing it up.So the second time,I sliced into the IDE ribbon itself to get number 39.It works awesome.I also cut out the jewel in the top and sanded all the green off and backlit it with blue LEDS.If you want an even more challenging MOD try to remove the power switch board and replace those LEDS there with blue ones or whatever color you want.But BE CAREFUL.Your xbox is at risk when you try stuff like this.My final product has blue LED lights in 3 different spots and a chrome "X" accross the top.It looks sharp.