1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing HDLoader patch.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cmaker, Apr 29, 2005.

1. cmaker

cmaker Member

How does one do this?

2. crackAlex

crackAlex Member

How familiar are you with PS2 Exploit? And what are you going to do once you've patched HDLoader?

3. cmaker

cmaker Member

Well I've already have HDLoader, I just want the patch so some games that are not compatible, get compatible.

I have all the elf files and bats and whatnot, and I think I got them right. But what do I do with the .6 update file and how do I burn it?

Just place the files in nero and burn away or is there something else I need to do?

4. crackAlex

crackAlex Member

It's hard to suggest a starting point since you didn't answer my previous question regarding your experience with the PS2 exploits. Assuming you're familiar with the memory card exploit, you'd want to patch the HDLoader elf to suit the task you're wanting to accomplish.

Take for example, GOW. The game seeks out HDLoader/HDAdvance, more precisely, it seeks out a value returned from a loaded module. Someone (by luck) figured out how to hex edit the HDLoader elf to return a different value. Therefore, if you wanted to play GOW on a HDD, you'd patch the HDLoader elf in that manner, load it from the MC via the exploit and voila, you're now able to play GOW.

Another example would be the LBA patch. It allows your original HDLoader to read larger HDD(s).

Let me know how experienced you are and I'll be happy to suggest a few options. There are many different ways to customize your PS2. You can use the conventional mod chip, the flip top/SM33 method, or the new HDAdvance/HDLoader/USB Advance method.

5. cmaker

cmaker Member

Thanks a lot.

Well I got a copy of HDloader cracked. And I did try to do the MC exploit just to see if I could and I got up to the installation screen.

When I put in the PS1 game, it just started like normal, nothing happened. Tried it with two games, FF7, and Chrono Cross.

I use swap magic and knife method.

My question is, I have the one patch .6 file. How do I burn and install this file?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  6. cmaker

cmaker Member

7. crackAlex

crackAlex Member

(1) MC Exploit: I'm assuming you have all the necessary files loaded onto your MC card. In order for the exploit to work, your "title.db" file must contain the SLUS/SLES/SCUS_xxxx.xx number of the PS1 game in order for the exploit to trigger.

(2) "patch .6 file": I don't know what you're referencing here. Can you clarify? What's the entire name of the file? What game are you trying to play by applying that patch? Is it a software?

If you have $25US bucks, buy the retail version of HDAdvance from consolepoint.com. It'll be a lot easier to do what you're trying to accomplish. If you're not too careful, the SM/knife method will break that dvd drive of yours.

8. pooman

pooman Member

Ok I have a similar problem, I think. I currently have the MC exploit with HDAdvance 1.0. (My friend put it on there using just his comp, ps2, and ftp, no retail hdloader/hdadvance). However, I found out that I should update my version to HDLoader with the .6 patch (found at exploit station). How do I go about doing this? Do I need to delete everything he's done and start over? Or can I somehow just hook my ps2 up via ftp and transfer the ELF file (patched Hdloader)? Please help! Thanks!

9. crackAlex

crackAlex Member

pooman: same question, why do you think you need to patch your hdloader? what game are you trying to play?

second question: the exploit installed on your MC, can you get your ps1 game to trigger it?