1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing nero 7.5.1 led to my dvd ram drivers go missing....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by coredrill, Apr 7, 2007.

1. coredrill

coredrill Member

I purchased a lenovo Laptop recently which had xp preloaded. i purchased vista business and had loaded it on it without making any back up of the xp or creating a second partition.

vista was working fine and i downloaded and installed Nero 7.5.1 and later when i tried to write to a dvd-r disc, it said wnaspi32.dll is missing. ok fine. but later i found that the dvd-ram drive is not indicated in my my computer widnopw at all. i checked the device manager and found that the MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-850 RB31was not properly installed or its drivers were not found at all.

could anyone help me out? could installing nero have lead to this problem?

please help me out.

regards

CORE

2. kingsklub

kingsklub Guest

Try uninstalling the DVD drivers, then restart your computer and Windows will auto detect the DVD Drive hardware and will re-install the drivers. You should also update the firmware of your DVD Drive as well. :)

3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  4. kingsklub

kingsklub Guest

Why disconnect the drive?,...Just go into device manager, click on the driver tab and then click the uninstall drivers, then reboot computer. Ive had drivers go corrupt for known reasons.
    Laptop DVD/cdrw combo drives aren't as easy to take out or requires you to completely disassemble the whole laptop.,unlike desktop computers!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2007
  5. MysticE

MysticE Active member

I didn't say to disconnect anything.
    Go into Device Manager, find the drive, right click-> 'Uninstall', then reboot.