1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing New 160Gige Harddrive-Please Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by R.A.G.S, Oct 6, 2004.

1. R.A.G.S

R.A.G.S Regular member

Hi All,

I am new to XBOX, Iam moodidng my xbox and adding a 160Gig Harddive. I know how to install the modchip but cant really find any information on how to harddrive the harddrive. This is what I know so far:

Got xecuter 2.6Lite and I have know how to install it on the board. I have also got all the tools to download the BIOS and how to create the cd etc.

What im not sure about is what I have to do to install the harddrive. Do I just connect the harddrive as it comes from factory or should I format it first?. Also once I have connected it do I just install the chip and it will automatically set y HD up. Can someone please help and maybe give me a guide on how and what to do.

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Go to www.xboxstation.com and download the patch required for 137+ harddrives. You will need to extract your evolution file to add the patch and then turn it back into an iso file. Go here for instructions :

http://www.geocities.com/daseamonkey420/xISO.html

You'll need xISO and Nero Ultra 6 to create the file. Find a copy of Slayers v2.5Final or v2.6 This will auto-format your 160G drive. Burn Slayers on a Memorex CD-RW.

3. R.A.G.S

R.A.G.S Regular member

Thanks for that I really appreciate all the help. So just to clear all up,
    Can I do the following:
    1.Connect the chip to the Motherboard
    2.Connect the HD to the Motherboard
    3.Load the new BIOS
    4.Start Loading the Apps

?????

4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

You need to flash a bios to the chip first then you can swap your harddrive and use slayers to install evolution X and applications to a large harddrive. The chip has to be working before you can use slayers.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  5. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

What you could do, is after you flashed your mod-chip, use the Slayers Auto Installer and let it prepare your hdd. After everything is installed, you can download the hdd patch to your hdd and wholla, your set!
    -msg back for n e questions.

6. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

What you could do, is after you flashed your mod-chip, use the Slayers Auto Installer and let it prepare your hdd. After everything is installed, you can download the hdd patch to your hdd and wholla, your set!
    -msg back for n e questions.

7. R.A.G.S

R.A.G.S Regular member

Hi everybody thanks for that, ATI is ther a link from which I can download Slayers from?

8. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

It should be at #xbins, last time i checked, it was still there. There is a great tutorial at xbox-scene.com. Check it out.

9. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The Slayers Auto Installer is not better than the X-Disk.You might want to go with that instead since the Dash board for Evo is outdated on Slayers and alot of apps.The FireFuckers X-Disk can be found here http://www.x-disk.com .I hope that helps you out,and the Slayers Auto Installer is alright.It is just not the best dash auto installer out.

Peace L-Burna

10. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Have to agree with you L-Burna, the X-disk installers are more up to date. They are both good installers though. You can download the torrents to the installers right off of the x-disk site as well. http://www.x-disk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1117

11. R.A.G.S

R.A.G.S Regular member

Hi All, I have installed slayer2.6 but after the installation completed I noticed I only have 137Gig in total the bios version I have installed is 4983.67 can someone please help....LaBurna cheers for the FF x-disk im downloading it at present, if I want to change from slayer to X-disk do I just boot the xbox from X-Disk cd and let it run?

12. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah what you want to do is keep the slayers you have on there.Then pop in the X-disk and tell it to format the drive and intall all apps.It should give you more space then what you got with slayers although slayers aint bad.

13. R.A.G.S

R.A.G.S Regular member

Cheers dude....i'll try it out, whats the main difference between the two...coz I installed slayers and I think its ok...

14. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Did you install the patch for a 137+ harddrive? Don't go any further until you get that working.

15. R.A.G.S

R.A.G.S Regular member

I have only installed what I mention in my previous posting...The BIOS version 4983.67 and EvoX2.6, Anyway I was going through all the menu's and I went to XBOX Explorer and there it showed me that I have a G drive and it has 22Gig of space. So as long as I can access that im not to bothered...Although I guess it would be nice to have one BIG F drive.....ps can tell me the patch version and link to where I can get it from.

16. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Register and you'll find the Evox 137G+ patch for the Drive G/ partition 7 in the dashboard download section.

http://www.xboxstation.com/

17. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

18. R.A.G.S

R.A.G.S Regular member

Hi all, I would like to thank each and everyone of you..you ppl have been great. I have my xbox up and running with games movies the lot...but I have couple of more questions...Hrdrk20 if I download and install the patch will that mean that I will somehow have to back the data on my HD up first?...also when I FTP from my PC to xbox I see all the drives except G drive, this must mean that the G drive is not usable at the moment although it shows it as being there on the xbox explorer

19. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Sorry that I can't offer assistance since I have never gone above a 120G harddrive. I now only mod xboxes with 60G drives and keep backups stored on other drives and DVDs. I'm sure someone who has a 160G drive will respond. It's always a good idea to either have a backup of your drive or files before you try anything new.

20. R.A.G.S

R.A.G.S Regular member

Right guys anyone for anymore input?.....well its really strange coz I can now see the G drive via FTP and via XBOX Xplorer and I can FTP files onto it aswell. but I cant move files from F to G and once I have FTP'd stuff to G I cant see any of the uploaded files through xbox xplorer..anyone?...
    Hrdrk20 I have downloaded the patch you told me about but the instructions are not easy to follow anyone for any simplier instructions