1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing new CFW

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by AnimusLo, Aug 22, 2011.

1. AnimusLo

AnimusLo Member

Hi everyone,

I have found my PSP in closet and decided to give it a go one more time.:) so the question is/are:
    - My system software is: 5.50 GEN-D (FUll) and I want to update it to a latest CFW possible. What would be the best solution?
    -Currently I have found CFW with the name: PSP CFW 6.39 GodPro-B8 JE is that the latest one and is it even possible to jump from GEN to GodPRO/smart decision just by updating it?
    - anyone has any other CFW name that would be better than the CFW mentioned above?

My PSP mdoel is: PSP-1004 phat i guess :D since it is old.

Thank you for answer

Animus

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

The one you found is not the latest, also it is non-permanent. The latest is:
    http://psp.dashhacks.com/file/2121
    You can go directly from 5.50 GEN to that one.
    Also need this:
    http://psp.dashhacks.com/file/2119
    The eboot.pbp contained in the 2nd file you need to rename to 660.pbp. For a guide, the first file contains a readme, just follow these four steps.
    Oh, yea, almost forgot: You need to put the version.txt of your PSP back to stock, as a measure to prevent unintentional updates 5.50 GEN claims it is firmware 9.99. In VSH menue select USB MODE: Flash0 and connect your PSP with your PC via USB cable. Select the folders VSH, then ETC and there the version.txt document.
    It should look like this:

release:999:
    build:2740,0,3,1,0:builder@vsh-build6
    system:46876@release_999,0x05000010:
    vsh:p6264@release_999,v46652@release_500,20081010:
    target:1:WorldWide

Set release:999: to release:550: and the update works. Don't forget to set the USB Device back to its original value when you're done, otherwise you can't access your memory stick anymore via computer.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  3. AnimusLo

AnimusLo Member

Thank you for reply, i dont have a cable yet so have to go buy that first and new memory card :) thanks again

regards from Slovenia

4. tardisk9

tardisk9 Member

Hi, I followed you thread and have hit a bit of a problem. I was on 5.50 Gen D3, My orginal version text was,

I changed it to this
    I am now getting the, "A serious error has ocurred. Contact the technical support line for assistance" error. I am still able to get in to recovery from boot and I can still access the vsh menu.

Thanks
    Kay

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  5. tardisk9

tardisk9 Member

Can anyone help with this at all, still have the same problem. I have done a bit of research and the hellcats soulution looks like it might work, anyone got any experience with this?

6. whompus

whompus Active member

I had no problem with the same setup. My edit was 5.50 though not 550. Make it 5.50 and try again.

7. AnimusLo

AnimusLo Member

Hey,

I followed instructions and worked perfect without any problem.....

I might know what your problem is...if you have managed to get a text file like described by Eisherz, I had to put instead of 550 5.50 :) and that has done the trick :D

c ya