1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Nvidia video card help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by dymx, May 31, 2007.

1. dymx

dymx Guest

I have a computer that has nvidia geforce video card in it but everytime i try to play a game i am told that a video card cannot be found, i must update it. I have the nvidia cd and i click on the button that says "install nvidia" which prompts me to restart my computer but I don't believe the driver was really installed. I actually tried to go on the website and download the updated software there and get this message " nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers compatible with your current hardware" By the way I disabled my integrated graphics. Please someone with experiece help me out. sorry for rambling.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2007
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum.
    what does it show in device manager for a videocard?

3. dymx

dymx Guest

this is what i found as the display adapter VIA/S2G unichrome IGP

4. ddp

if no red "x" on that card then you did not disable your onboard video. to disable the onboard video you have to go into the bios to do that. did you do that?

5. dymx

dymx Guest

yes, i did

6. dymx

dymx Guest

can you tell me how to get into bios? thanks

7. ddp

in the device manager, disable the onboard video in hardware profiles.

8. dymx

dymx Guest

it was already disabled already.

9. ddp

does it have the red "x" on it?

10. dymx

dymx Guest

yes it has a red x.

11. ddp

what is the monitor connect to right now, the onboard video or nvidia card? is there an exclamation mark in device manager?

12. dymx

dymx Guest

I just know that it has the nvidia 6600 card in it but I can't find the driver on my computer. when i go to bios at startup by clicking F1 i see the PCI & Agp onboard.

i found this in another thread would you recommend doing this?
    "Go into device manager right click my computer and click manage then go to Devices or Hardware on the tree on the side under Display adapters your 7600 shoudl have 2 things one saying Nvidia GeForce 7600 Primary and one that says secondary but because ur drivers dont work and stuff you will find it as VGA adapter right click it and fo uninstall reboot ur PC will now think you put a new card in see if it detects it have teh drivers ready now windows driver box will come up click cancel on all and once it says there was an error and it couldnt be installed on ur tray (This is due to u clicking cancel on teh windows drivers) now run or inster the drievr cd this should fix it"