1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing PS2 Games on HDD through FTP (I am so sorry I think that I posted in wrong section)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Xeno88, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Xeno88

Xeno88 Member

Okay, i used the memory card exploit to boot up HD Loader and Exec FTP+HDL_DUMP. I booted HD loader nicely and formated the hd :)

Problem is i can't send any games with FTP :(

My ps2 ip is 192.168.0.10 and it's gateway is 192.168.0.1

I am also connected through a router whos ip is 192.168.0.1 hence the ps2 gateway. When i load up one of the FTP programs on the ps2 cian see the router light go on and it stays on all the time, it does not blink like my computers.

If I try to connect to it now let's say through a browser nothing happens it says the same thing as when you connect to a broken webbsite. Could anyone try to explain to me what the problem could be? Appearently the router "sees" the ps2 but it does not show up on my network nor can I connect to it :( Oh and i tried an FTP program aswell it can't connect to it either.

2. eecomp

eecomp Member

first, use a newer ulaunchelf and make sure in the options to set the ps2's ip to an address not used by your computers like 192.168.0.10 (some routers have a setting for the range of available IP's so make sure your .10 address is in that range) run execFTP, and use a ftp prog like flash fxp to connect to the ps2. That said, I get awful speeds with ftp, better off using rad host client it is easy to use (windows and linux)