1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing shrink and nero which first

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Nrth16, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

I heard at one point that you have to install one before the other in order for it to work properly? which do I install first and second?

2. onya

onya Guest

I heard the same thing some time ago now, and the "techie" advice given to me was something like Install Nero last. This sounds like great advice also....yeah Nrth16? Well after a short time here at AD, I rekon that the advice given to me was somewhat of a myth. Strange that I've actually heard of this again! It's been my experience that with current versions of Nero, that it really doesn't matter which app is installed first. Restart your pc after each install and all should be ok.

Now I'm gonna get shot down in flames....... you wait and see. LOL

3. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

well I have tried installing nero second and it doesnt work with shrink however when I installed it first it worked. I think that like you said it all depends on the version you have!!! so no bashing people. thanks again for the help

4. onya

onya Guest

Did I give a wrong impression Nrth?

5. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

no but maybe I took your message the wrong way???

6. onya

onya Guest

If you could possibly explain, that would go a long way into clearing the air.

7. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

I don't see anything written/typed that would of been considered bashing, but what do I know?

I do know that the correct order for installing the two are as discovered by Nrth16, first install nero then shrink. Shrink scans for and attemps to detect a nero install on your system so that it can properly be set-up to use nero. The same goes for DVD decrypter or imgburn (if you use the version of shrink that autoburns with imgburn), install them first then install shrink for proper detection and operation using shrink with those two apps.

8. Shayenne

Shayenne Member

I don't understand this post.. when I was burning with Nero, I never had to use anything else like a Decryptor or DVD shrink, I just used Nero, and that was enough.. what are these needed for?

9. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Looks like you burned your video files to DVD manually.

The short/quick answer to your question without getting into detailed info is:

Shrink itself doesn't have a burning app built in, but it can be used to auto-run other burning apps like nero, imgburn or DVD decrypter to auotmatically burn the ripped video files to a DVD disk. So.....the question was what is a correct install order for this to happen correctly.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  10. Shayenne

Shayenne Member

I know, I was just wondering if I was maybe supposed to have the DVD shrink also since I had Nero.