1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Sony HDD Utility 1.10

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by casypayne, Sep 24, 2004.

1. casypayne

casypayne Guest

Sorry for being new to the site and psting a question. I bought a 40gb to play FFXI online and well loved it for a while. I found on www.consolesource.com a 120gb HDD from Maxton with a HDD Advance software so i could install games on it and never have to use the cd's again. So I bought it and yea it works great. but it wont pull say socom 2 online or any other games online as if its being blocked by DNAS. Thats not the point. The point is How do i Format the 120GB Maxton with the Sony HDD Utility CD. Every time i put it in it says that the HDD is not installed as if its not there. and i'd tried almost every setup I can think of. Moving the Slave settings etc. and trying a newer Online Adapter. SO my question is .....How do I install or Format it so my 120Gb is the same as my 40gb HDD? So i can play ffxi and other games on the 120Gb. Thx sorry for posting something that looks like other threads. I searched but didnt see much to what im talkin about. oh and here is the system i have. http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/customer/product.php?productid=1977&cat=4&page=1

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

You cant. The sony software will only install on the original sony ps2 hd.