1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Installing soundbar to plasma tv (no sound)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by richietea, May 6, 2017.

1. richietea

richietea Regular member

Hi guys/Gals.I have just purchased a 2nd hand tv which is a 50" HD plasma LG 50pz250t.The sound quality of the speakers are not that great so i decided to buy a soundbar which is a Hitachi AXs01 4btu.The connections on the soundbar are red/white (left/right) , mic 3.5mm to red and white and optical out.The tv connections are audio in red/white (left/right) ,1 red line in and mono white and Optical in.I have tried every combination possible other than optical (this is on order) and tried the very limited settings on the tv to receive sound through the new speaker but to know avail.I have tried disabling the tv speakers as that is what LG support suggested.The connections i have are just an xbox one console on hdmi 1.The person i purchased the tv from used optical on his soundbar but surely these other connections are not obsolete as why would they be on the back of the tv? Any help would be a bonus,

Thank you everyone.Richie

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i am running a sound bar on my panny from tv spdif out to spdif in on soundbar

according to tv specs audio out for spdif--------------spdif in on soundbar,remove covers on the end of optical cables.

http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-50PZ250T-plasma-tv

3. richietea

richietea Regular member

Cheers for the reply .Received the optical cable today sound is great apart from having some stupid setting that puts the soundbar into standby mode after 15mins.Tried everything to stop it but nothing.Just going to ask for a refund as this is a joke where a soundbar is in use but will still turn off.

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

soundbar i got has i think 28 speakers and a floor sub for mind blowing effects but it was pricey.