1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Spider Chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by HatTrik24, Dec 27, 2004.

1. HatTrik24

HatTrik24 Regular member

I just got my xbox and spider chip.. i have version 1.6.

I took apart my xbox. Took the hard drive out and the dvd drive. I screwed my spider chip onto the motherboard.

But now I am stuck. I can't seem to get the wires into the holes all the way. They pop out every once in a while. I am struggling with this very much. If anybody has some suggestions or hints or something to make this easier that would help me so much!! I just cant seem to get it right.

Another thing. When i was trying to put a couple of the wires in the wholes, the end of the wire broke. It was only a little part of it. Will this be a problem or can I just continue trying to put the wire in the hole.

Thanks in advance!!!

Triks

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

I'd assume you just need to make contact with the board, so breaking some of the wire shouldnt be a problem.

As for the wires popping out, thats the drawback of sodlerless chips. I haven't seen one work as advertised, usually the same probs you have. If you move your XboX around alot, they will probably fall out again.

I'd suggest a smallllllll bit of solder, just to keep it in place, maybe non-conductive tape? Dunno. But if you use any solder, might as well just buy a chip that requires you to solder it into the board.

3. eminem12

eminem12 Member

i just installed mine too and i had the same problem the wire kept popping out well i just put it in and very carefully but the dvd drive over it and it seemed to hold it in place its been three days and no problem so far

4. HatTrik24

HatTrik24 Regular member

Ok. I have successfuly installed my spider chip and got the right boot screen. I tried to flash my chip with the M8plus_16 bios, but when I put in the cd it said updated bios not found.. or something along that lines.

Does this mean It was just a bad burn? Maybe the media?
    Maybe a fake bios?

Anyways if anyone has a copy of a good bios for the spider chip it would be awesome if I could get it. I have a version 1.6 xbox.

Thanks

Triks

5. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

I also have a Spider Chip and need a good BIOs. If you can, give me link to an all-in-one. As in install and everything from just one CD/ISO.