1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing the "SlimTool" in the new Slimline PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by BOUT2BUS, Dec 31, 2004.

1. BOUT2BUS

BOUT2BUS Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2005
  2. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

Where did you get this info from? And from the pics, i'm assuming you won't have to open your PS2 therfore keeping your warranty in tact right? If so, where do you get this "Slim tool"?

3. HUYI

HUYI Member

4. BOUT2BUS

BOUT2BUS Guest

I installed this SlimTool and use SwapMagic 3.3, with no problems.. and it doesnt void your warrenty because your not taking the console apart (unlike the fliptop lid method).
    I got the SlimTool from http://www.pop-uk.info

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2005
  5. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

This looks very nice for me to get since my old PS2 died and i have like 6 copied games that will just collect dust along with my SM disc. But i live in the US and the site doesn't say anything about shipments to the states or making payments in US Dollars. Does anyone have any info about this or know of another site with US shipping and payments?

6. HUYI

HUYI Member

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  7. HUYI

HUYI Member

is there a website that you can buy the swap magic 3.3 discs and slim tool together? only a UK site though, not american. and also a site that excepts visa electron?

8. keili

keili Guest

hi, guys, look at www.slimtool.com

9. jspencer

jspencer Member

hi
    techwizad.com ships world wide . the option is there when you go to check out and you have a choice of shipping.

10. waf666

waf666 Member

Yo dudes

you can get a full tutorial on how to set up the SLIMTOOL at this page (it's in French but still the picture are there to explain)
    http://www.superfamishop.com/slimtool_pstwo.php

they also ship worldwide (2euros i think for shipping)

11. BOUT2BUS

BOUT2BUS Guest

[bold]There is a fully illustrated tutorial here:
    (IN ENGLISH)
    http://www.pop-uk.info[/bold]
    This is the best priced site I've found so far, and they do free postage. But I will keep you guys posted as soon as I find cheaper.
    I know a few people who have ordered from pop-uk with no problems, but on a down side they only supply to the United Kingdom (unless you are ordering bulk).

12. Iceboie

Iceboie Guest

That's the "Ghost Switch", isn't it?

13. hubbie88

hubbie88 Member

where do i get the slim tool in or shipped to australia, or the ghost switch

14. Ednasaunt

Ednasaunt Member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  15. 3lsmc7

3lsmc7 Member

you can get the slimtool from www.mod-chip.com. that's where i got mine. they also ship worldwide. $37 total.

16. marinfrs

marinfrs Member

3lsmc7 is right, the cheapest i could find the slim tool is Mod-chip.com, its $34 US which is pretty standard for all sites, but shipping is where most sites really nail you.. mod chip has regular mail for $3 and UPS express to USA for $15. I took the UPS cause its tracked, so I probably didnt save much.
    I also looked around at different tool kits, this one is different from the Ghost Swap or Magic Swap tools, those still require you to pop open the case (use the warranty sticker for a hinge to supposedly not void warranty, but also requires you to cut small tabs off the inside) This one was the only one that installs from the outside of the case and lets you close the CD lid. There is one that is sold from a Hong Kong shop; Linker or something like that, it also installs from the outside and looks pretty good.. but shipping from China to US is spendy and I'm pretty sure it was cash only, theres no freakin way Im sending cash or money order to China

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  17. sfxgeek

sfxgeek Member

Okay, I'm a bit confused. I checked out the instructions for the slim tool and it shows a flip top PS2, I've got a PS2 Slim (Canada) but it's a slide tray, I thought all the new PS2 Slims are slide trays? Please clear up my confusion.

18. A.Beast

A.Beast Guest

19. Ednasaunt

Ednasaunt Member

no modifications are needed with the slimtool at all,

you simply slot the three peices into the slots marked in the instruction guide.

with the magic switch you cannot close your console lid.
    with the slimtool you can.

read about it here http://www.slimtool.co.uk/advantages.html

http://www.slimtool.co.uk is the cheapest place that i have found the slimtool, it is the official retailer for the UK, they ship worldwide though.

20. marinfrs

marinfrs Member

I just got my slim tool yesterday, very fast shipping from Austria to USA- only about 4 working days! installing was pretty simple, the hardest part is getting your big fingers to grasp the tiny pieces and then trying to thread these things into their places under the flip top. once thats done however, the tools are nearly invisble- someone would have to know they were there to see them.. I like clean installs like that