1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing WIN7

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by whiskey99, Oct 6, 2014.

1. whiskey99

whiskey99 Regular member

HI,I am about install WIN7 in a E521 which i have done already in my other E521 without any glitches,but this
    is what happened on the next install it asked about formatting HDD which i believe i did not do on other E521.
    What would be your procedure, this is a new SEAGATE SSHD HDD 1TB disk,WIN7 OS,I DO NOT WANT to have something come up that i am not aware of,thanks

2. aldan

aldan Active member

yep,format the hdd.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

agreed. make new partition(s), format partition(s) except the windows 100meg partitin then install windows onto c:drive.

4. whiskey99

whiskey99 Regular member

HI,Well this where i am at installing WIN7,all i am getting right now is the following GSPIRMCHPXFREO_EN_dvdUDF(e:) with about 3GB of space used up.

I have a feeling the disk i got was for a production computer it will not recognize the SEAGATE SSHD HDD in computer mangament.

It is also telling me that is not compatible with PC and then it tells me to reboot PC and follow the prompts i.e. use advanced settings.

When installed WIN7 on this PC i do not believe i had to do all of this,like what was said above put DVD player and let disk do most the work.

Would the fact i still have the HDD with WINXP on it be causing my problem as somebody suggested to unplugged WINXP when it came time to install WIN7 ANY IDEAS WHY THIS IS HAPPENING would be appreciated,thanks

There was a UDF at the end the string of letters starting with GSP.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is the bios seeing the whole drive or only part of it?

6. whiskey99

whiskey99 Regular member

HI,Well guys i cheated and went to M/S and found procedure on how to install WIN7 which worked and now all i need to do is go thru the maze of tweaking it,but now the E521 i am on right now i go into setup and i show both HDD'S but can not access the WINXP HDD.

On the other E521 all i get is the WIN7 OS,i go into setup and shows the WIN7,but no WINXP which should be at the (o) data port i thought you could access both HDD'S by changing which HDD wanted to access in the BIOS what i am i missing here and as usual it will be something simple and stupid,thank you
    HI, I can go into setup and gain access to the WINXP OS and WIN7 by changing it in the BIOS.

7. whiskey99

whiskey99 Regular member

Well as i said it is usually something simple and stupid you know not having the power plug connected it looked it was but was sitting there waiting for me to wipe the egg off my face.

Now i show both HDD'S in BIOS.