1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Installing Wireless Keyboard

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Kafka, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

Quite a few years ago My original Lenovo keyboard broke down and I bought a Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.1 to replace it. I was able to get the old keyboard working and put the new one in storage. I would now like to use the new keyboard, however all I have is the keyboard itself (no disk or installation instructions). What do I need to install the Microsoft keyboard and where would I get it?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Install ? i don't recall even on xp requiring wireless drivers including for microsoft wireless kb.Plug it in see what happens,you may need to use add new hardware on xp.Be sure the batteries are new & any light on the kb indicates batteries are ok.

Unlikley as i think it is & you do need drivers (you can select from a list) then the model is all you need to web search for them

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

about the only software you might need might be for the extra buttons but windows update should find & install those.

4. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

I haven't had any luck. I used new batteries but the keyboard has no lights to indicate that it is working. I removed the old keyboard and rebooted the computer expecting to find that the new keyboard would be installed automatically but without success. It is possible that the new keyboard came with a mouse (which I haven't got) and that the keyboard won't work without the mouse. I tried downloading the driver but I can't find where it went.

5. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

I managed to find an online manual. Under Hardware Installation I find that I need a receiver on which I need to select a channel. I then select the same channel on the keyboard. Unless I can find the receiver I will have to consign the keyboard to the tip!

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

the receiver looks like an oval shape puck with a usb cord that plugs into the motherboard so find it.