1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

INSTALLING XBOX DVD DRIVE IN PC?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by CHADSR, Mar 17, 2004.

1. CHADSR

CHADSR Member

Is it possible to install the xbox dvd drive in your pc then use nero or another burning program to copy your games?Has anyone tried this yet or knows if it will work or won't and why?

2. yomaster9

yomaster9 Member

you mean puting the xbox DvD-ROM im a pc, and playing tha games... no that wont work, why do you think mirosoft sold xbox and not just the dvd rom... is it possible to put a dvd rom in tha pc in the first place i want to try that i have one here on my desk, does anyone no what tha power wires?

3. majindan

majindan Member

if you could do that, would it be possible to rip games (for strictly backing up your personal copies)right on the pc instead all that link up crap?

4. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

i don'tthink that would work cuz i believe you need more then just the drive to read the xbox dvd's.

If it was that easy someone would have done it already.

5. Vular

Vular Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2004
  6. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

Normal DVD-rom reads media from the inside of the cd to the outside. The Xbox DVD-rom reads media from the outside in, I believe this is why when you make the bios disk you must put a dummy file on it, that way the xbox will see more information out closer to the outside of the media...if that makes any sense at all.

I think there may be some way of being able to use the xbox dvd-rom in a pc, but it requires re-flashing the firmware of the dvd-rom, and hence it will not work with the xbox any longer. If it was that simple as to just install the dvd-rom in your pc and copy the games dont you think someone would have thought of that already?

7. yomaster9

yomaster9 Member

see i dont want to copy the xbox games, i want to just use it to play reglure dvd's,there for, i want to the cut power cable cable up and make it so the pc power cable can make it power up corectley.

any one no the xbox dvd rom sends its power, and througt what wires?

8. fifthlimb

fifthlimb Member

you can use alcohol 120% to copy the dvd then winiso to convert it to iso form then craxtion to make it playable. You can do this with your pc dvd drive, basically you don't need the dvd player from the xbox to do what you want.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2004
  9. yomaster9

yomaster9 Member

even if i dont have a dvd drive?

10. yomaster9

yomaster9 Member

even if i dont have a dvd drive?