1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing xecuter 2.3 lite+

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by zeroskull, Feb 20, 2004.

1. zeroskull

zeroskull Member

im following the guide, my lpc ports on my motherboard are filled with sodder. Do i need to remove it and how? Its because i have one of the first xbox's..thanx

2. ten80

ten80 Member

I didn't and i have the 1.2 version of an xbox...all I did was plop it in and it worked. The only thing i found weird was when i installed my chip i had the proper alignment and i was getting power from the bus so both blue lights where on. But my d0 contact LED only flashed green for the first 3 seconds of boot up...but it still works regardless. Been enjoying my new mod for a whole week.

3. s8nsch1ld

s8nsch1ld Regular member

I think you will need to remove the solder from all 10 -> 12 holes first.

You do this using a soldering iron and some solder braid... don't use a solder pump.

What you do is heat your soldering iron up, add some solder to it, put that down over a hole with the existing solder in it, these will mix and become liquid for 3 secs, then you quickly put some solder braid down over the liquid solder and push down on it with your soldering iron.

You will see the braid fill with solder and the hold you just did should be empty.

It is important that you DO add solder to each one, fluxed solder at that!!!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]S8nsCh1ld!!!

P4 2.4b Clocking at 2.9Ghz on a AeroCool Jet4, ABit IC7 MoBo, Saphire 9600 Pro GC, 1GB of Fast Ram and 120gb of fast disks.
    DVD Burner is a Sony 14u (Cheep and Cheerful!)

XBox Chipped with a X-Ecuter 2.3b Pro running EvoX on a 120gb HD[/small]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2004
  4. iggi

iggi Member

you definately dont have to remove anything from a ver 1.0 box. If anything this makes it easier to align the chip. I have installed a few on v1.0 and never had probs.

Iggi

5. zeroskull

zeroskull Member

thanx guys