1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Insufficient Storage Problem

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by spirittoo, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

Hello all ... I bought this android phone ... and this 32 GB micro SD card ... I installed the card in the phone ... the phone sees the card fine ... the problem is when I try and download apps I believe it is trying to install them on the internal storage which isn't near enough. Hence the message about insufficient space. I went into the phone settings and looked under storage ... I have the dot checked next to SD, so I don't know what I need to do to install the apps on the card. Can anyone help me with this????

2. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

Also I would like to note that I went into the Apps manager and tried to move the app to the SD that way but the move button was grayed out.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Nobody will be able to help not without knowing what phone your on about,perhaps a web search of your issue including model of phone may bring up others who have the same issue

4. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

I'm afraid you didn't see my post fully ... I posted a link to the phone and the card.

5. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

Well sir ... this is where I am at so far. I got a link from another website to help me move apps to the SD card. I followed the instructions, but now I am stuck at the point where you give the command "adb shell pm setInstallLocation 2". I typed it in and I get this .... "Error: unknown command 'setInstallLocation' ... then I get a long list of data ... anyone have any idea how to correct this????

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You'd need to find the correct command that the phone Operating System understands & chances are the commands will have to be typed correctly as linux is case sensitive

7. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

Do you know how I can find that information?

8. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Most probably by finding out the version of android used that's assuming the dam thing hasn't been tinkered with by the phone manufacturer & made changes to it,so that certain commands on the std version become useless on the version you have,then find a forum that specializes or has an abundant amount of linux coders for android.Before you do any changes you better back everything up

9. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

ok i can tell you why.

1. if it's a hacked version of android from a cheap china manufacturer it won't install anything to the microsd card because android especially older versions don't like 32 gig microsd cards they will work but then corrupt i recommend trying a 16 gig card

10. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

Wellsir ... I come a long way since the last post. I will have to look into getting a 16 gig SD ... right now I'm at a point where I'm getting a "Mount script cannot be created. mount: Invalid argument." so what I am attempting now it to unlock the bootloader in order to get pass the error in Link2SD. Thanks for posting.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.