1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel Pentium 4 Overheating Issues.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by raheel, Nov 5, 2007.

1. raheel

raheel Member

Hi, I have pentium 4 2.53 with asrock motherboard. The clip was loose on the heatsink so I put a new thermaltake heatsink with the fan. Originally there was only one fan but now There are two fans. My cpu idles at 38 and runs very slow. If I launch only internet explorer the temperatuer jumps up to 46. under some normal use temperature reaches almost 48 or higher and it runs extremely slow. My PC configs: P4 2.53, 1GB PC2100, 80gb sata hdd, and dvdrw. please assist me why is it happening?

2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

perhaps the installation of a new heatsink is to blame. maybe u should go back and make sure u installed everything correctly, i.e. u put thermal paste on correctly and such

3. raheel

raheel Member

well I did put thermal paste and made sure that It's fit properly but I think the heatsink is not as big as the original one. Original one was aluminum and this one is copper but not sure which is better. If I find an original one then I am gonna rather use that one. Not too sure about the second fan that's connected with the new heatsink either.

4. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Copper is always better. Make sure that the heat sink is tight on the cpu, and that thermal paste covers the whole cpu with a thin coat, about as thick as your fingernail.

EDIT: Btw, what heatsink did you buy?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  5. raheel

raheel Member

The new heatsink is thermaltake.