1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interactive CD-Rom to Nook Color?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by ADNUP, Sep 9, 2011.

1. ADNUP

ADNUP Member

Hi, I have some interactive CD/DVD-Roms I want to back-up and format to put on my NOOK Color. I tried Imgburn to make an ISO and then Handbrake to convert it to a MP4 but Handbrake wont read the ISO.

Any ideas/help would be great these are for my son at school and would be great if he could use them on our NOOK

Thanks ADNUP

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  2. ps355528

ps355528 Regular member

First off.. these interactive disks aren't anything like you think they are. Of course handbrake won't understand the iso.. because it's not a video format that you have copied.. and chances are it's seriously copy protected as well so imgburn won't make a working copy. These things have to be treated like a multi-menu/episode dvd.. so you are probably going to have to identify every video segment and then get creative. We have been down this road time and time again wit various interactive disks and only occasionally has anybody been able to get anything like the original functionality.. they use some real clever coding buried in the control files to address dvd player registers directly (yeah.. I know how to make interactive disks but I'm not teaching anybody else.. took me years to learn how.. I spent years researching and reading and experimenting.. don't see why I should give that away)

So.. to recap.. FIRST.. Make a working burned disk of what you are trying to copy.. it will be protected so try a proper dvd ripping program like dvd-fab.. THEN see how the iso is put together and what files are where. Only then can you see if it's a normal type dvd with menus or some funky computer disk with embedded programs.