1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting article in USA Today ......

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by oneacer, May 11, 2004.

1. oneacer

oneacer Regular member

Last edited: May 14, 2004
  2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It is interesting and re-inforces that you should buy qulaity media from a good retailer.

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I find it interesting also that the guys name was koster,(looks like coaster to me) lol
    Ok its late I need sleep, when I start coming up with dumb stuff like that.

4. mblue

mblue Guest

Well it looked to me like his basic problem was with discs produced inthe early 80's. So chances are this may be no big deal, but I guess you won't know for twenty years.

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Verbatim has a lifetime warranty on some of the media I was looking at on their web site.
    Taking resonable precautions with the recorded discs should go a long way to preserving them.

6. michigan

michigan Guest

How will Verbatim replace what you had on the media? If it is a home movie and you only made one copy you are screwed. They will replace the media but not the content. I think I'll build an controlled enviroment for all my discs :) I agree with you that the media is probably many times improved since the '80's. I fimrmly believe that you get what you pay for with media, if some of the Newbies would just get that one point it would eliminate probably 25% of the posts in the Newbie forums