1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting facts or Urban Legends

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by geestar20, Jan 27, 2005.

1. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

damn I didn't see the 3rd page.

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

don't worry about it. it's all true. might you have some rare/interesting knowledge?

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Did you know that lotion is designed to dry out your skin so you buy more of their product over and over. Reason for that is lotion contains alcohol which drys out the skin.

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

You have got to see this:

PMS Security Threat Level

A warning from HomeLife Security....

http://tinyurl.com/4yx2z

Has Sound) ... be sure to push the buttons.

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

omfg...that was great, scuba!

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Scubabud, you have far too much free time on your hands. Are you an albino yet, due to the lack of daylight?

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

pulsar, actually I have a pretty good tan because of all the "free time" on my hands, and besides, I live in Florida! <G>

Now my working wife on the other hand.... <G>

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I live in northern England. I have not seen sunlight or had warm weather since 1976. We are pale blue, we have to be in the sun for 2 months before we even go white!!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005
  9. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

My sister has friends from England and they come and visit once a year for that very same reason. As a matter of fact they will be here in a month or so.

I currently live under an overpass of a major freeway, and use A/C from the gas station overhead, but I have plenty of room anytime you would like to visit here in Florida and work on your tan. Just let me know in advance and I’ll round up another empty frig box for you to. :)

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

That is the best (& only!) offer I have had all decade!

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

pulsar, what are you complaining about, try living in canada than you'll know cold in the winter & heat in the summer. right now is about -10-15c whereas during the day was about -6c as i had to shovel out the drive way

12. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I used to love the old winters & hot summers as a child, nowadays it seems all 4 seasons are going into 1. lots more rain.
    I love driving in snow, unfortunately 99% of british drivers can't drive in the snow! They tend to get in the way of me doing pirhouettes in the snow!

13. ddp

i thought it always rain in england which accounts for their sour attitude. just kinding as i'd rather it be sunny during the day & rainy after midnight as i can sleep with the rain hitting the roof

14. indienemo

indienemo Guest

In the New York sewers there are albino aligators, because when people flush their pets down that got too big they breed and after generations they no longer need sight because they are in complete darkness they sense everything by touch and smell...

15. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Also, Some people that got HIV, were so bitter that they would use needles to get their blood... then theyd put the needles on seats in cinemas across the country. People would sit down, relax, feel a little prick in their butts, find the needle and on the seat in front thered be a little sticker saying "Congrats youve just got HIV!"

16. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

The Infamous "Block Buster" Chip - Interesting Fact or Urban Legend? Somewhere deep in the Twilight Zone...

17. usmsnavy

usmsnavy Member

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-mr-rogers.htm

Sorry to burst your bubbles fellas, but Mr. Rogers topic is totally skewed...

He is not listed under ANY military branch records, and if the nam' story were true with so many kills, you think he would receive a medal for that or at least a proper national salute from his corp. during his funeral.

Truth is, that just doesn't make sense. Mr. Rogers being a sniper/SEAL/having tatoos = legend. There is no fact to it :(

Althought it would be cool if he really was one

18. indienemo

indienemo Guest

I think this good one is that in the 60's some teenagers tripped on acid and stared at the sun for six hours when they came down they were all blind..

19. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Ive got two more for you....

1.) There was a teenage babysitter (yes folks thats right, as always high on acid!)... who was left caring for a baby, she called the parents several hours later and told them the turkey was in the oven... they said there was no turkey and rushed home. when they got in the baby was burnt to death inside the oven....toasty.

2.) Apparntly rattlesnakes like no better place to stay in the winter months than ball pens in kids play areas. Because of the balls it retains some heat, and they go right to the bottom. There have been reported several snakebite deaths in outside 'playpits'..

More to come!

20. ddp

toasty or crispy??